LAUREN JENKINS ANNOUNCES DEBUT ALBUM NO SAINT & RELEASES NEW TRACK
Smoky vocals and gritty candor fill the musical diary of LAUREN JENKINS, and today, she officially announces the release of her debut collection of memories. NO SAINT is slated for March 15, 2019 on Big Machine Records and includes her latest offering, “Maker’s Mark & You,” which is available everywhere today. Ahead of the official launch early next year, NO SAINT is available for pre-order now: https://LaurenJenkins.lnk.to/NoSaintD2CPR.
“NO SAINT has been a long time in the making,” explains Jenkins. “Some of these songs are from my first chapter of coming to Nashville, and some are from the chapter I’m in right now. I’m so grateful I was able to have my hand in writing, producing and creating all the visuals in telling my story. Flaws and all, this record is part of who I am and who I’ve been.”
Jenkins co-penned “Maker’s Mark & You” alongside writers Jessie Jo Dillon and Aaron Eshui, and also co-produced the track with Grammy Award winning producer Julian Raymond and executive producer Scott Borchetta. The song details the struggle to move on from bad habits and she professes “that sometimes the things that give us comfort end up causing us pain.” Jenkins' head-on approach to lyrics pours out a visceral truth:
Well, habits are a bitch to break / And hearts just wanna get their way
A midnight memory’s all it takes / And I’m runnin’ right back to
Maker’s Mark, Marlboros, and you
A first look video for “Maker’s Mark & You” teases the full concept of a forthcoming short film, created by and starring Jenkins. Titled Running Out of Road, the film sets Jenkins’s music and passion for storytelling against the backdrop of the American West. The trailer premiered last month at Variety’s Music for Screens Summit and can be viewed here: https://LaurenJenkins.lnk.to/RoadTrailer. Also included on the album is “Give Up the Ghost,” a song Rolling Stone chose as one of the 10 Best Country and Americana Songs of the Week upon its release last month, proclaiming “dressed up like an anthemic pop-rock song, “Give Up the Ghost” mixes Jenkins’ powerful pipes with an arrangement that wouldn’t be out of place on a Carrie Underwood record.”
No Saint Tracklist:
1. “Give Up The Ghost” * (Lauren Jenkins, Emily Shackelton)
2. “You’ll Never Know” * (Lauren Jenkins, Ross Copperman, Heather Morgan)
3. “Maker’s Mark And You” * (Lauren Jenkins, Jessie Jo Dillon, Aaron Eshuis)
4. “Payday” * (Lauren Jenkins, Ingrid Andress, Joel Weldon Willis)
5. “No Saint” * (Lauren Jenkins, Ingrid Andress)
6. “Running Out Of Road” * (Lauren Jenkins, Ingrid Andress, Jessie Jo Dillon, Tina Parol)
7. “Cadillac” + (Lauren Jenkins, Trey Bruce)
8. “My Bar” ** (Lauren Jenkins, Matt Dragstrem, Liz Rose)
9. “All Good Things” ++ (Lauren Jenkins, Ross Copperman, Blair Daly, Shane McAnally)
10. “Blood” + (Lauren Jenkins, Trey Bruce)
* Produced by Julian Raymond and Lauren Jenkins, Executive Produced by Scott Borchetta.
+ Produced by Trey Bruce.
** Produced by Matt Dragstrem.
++ Produced by Ross Copperman.